I love Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen as much as the next 90’s kid. Two Of A Kind was pretty much the holy grail of Nick Jnr when I was a lass, and I’ve maintained a moderate interest in the sisters ever since.
There have been times when, much to my grievance, I have been forced to admit that consistent with popular opinion, MK has looked a little like a street urchin and Ashley has appeared, well... how can I say this? A little odd. But in over 20 years and an adolescence dominated by fame, who wouldn't have the odd slip up? For the most part I have hailed their fashion choices and embraced each of their individual, slightly quirky styles.
To summarise, I acknowledge that these girls know how to dress:
Beautiful, no?
Now I like clothes, and shoes and bags, and naturally, it is the more high end items that catch my eye. So I awaited the launch of the Olsen's new fashion line 'The Row' with bated breath, and immediately, this vintage-look beauty -
- caught my attention. The shape, the colour and the gold detailing channel vintage glamour at it's best and I have no doubt that this little number could transform an outfit. With plently of space for night out essentials, and by 'essentials' I mean keys, phone, purse and a wealth of make-up that NEVER gets used (why do we do that?!), this bag is almost perfection.
But is perfection worth over two thousand pounds? Yes, this bad boy carries a hefty $3,200 price tag.
It’s no secret that opting for high fashion is going to have a negative impact on your pocket. Louboutin heels, Mark Jacobs bags, Burberry macs. *sigh*. I'm not the first, and I certainly won't be the last to trawl through Net-A-Porter wistfully eyeing the treasures before me and wishing I was a child prodigy with millions of dollars at my disposal. But I'm not; and should a disposable £2,000 ever find it's way into my account, is this where it would go? Doesn't it just seem like a tremendous waste?
It’s no secret that opting for high fashion is going to have a negative impact on your pocket. Louboutin heels, Mark Jacobs bags, Burberry macs. *sigh*. I'm not the first, and I certainly won't be the last to trawl through Net-A-Porter wistfully eyeing the treasures before me and wishing I was a child prodigy with millions of dollars at my disposal. But I'm not; and should a disposable £2,000 ever find it's way into my account, is this where it would go? Doesn't it just seem like a tremendous waste?
Perhaps I'm just a jealous, prudent soul, who will spend her latter years buying clothes from 'the catalogue' January sale edition, and fishing knitwear out of bargain bins, all the while grumbling about the state of the economy.
Whilst I sincerely hope that this fate does not await me, for now I'm happy to admit that a Toppers clutch parts me from enough of my hard-earned cash for my liking. So thanks but no thanks MK & A, you can keep your leather perfection, I'm off for some finely crafted pleather.




I need to admit that they are very stylish.
ReplyDeletethe bag looks amazing.
THE BLACK PEARL
They are very beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteCallmesnakke